Womens Health Treatment
Our commitment to women’s health therapy begins with physical therapists who have received specialized instruction in the treatment of women’s health issues. Patients pursuing women’s health therapy receive one-on-one treatment with a female therapist in a private and comfortable setting. They will also receive the latest research and treatment methods resulting in an advanced plan of care. Whether preventative or restorative, Leading Edge therapists are the experts women can trust.
Leading Edge Women’s Health Therapists specialize in the treatment of the following conditions:
- Urinary Incontinence – Treatment includes strengthening exercises for weakened pelvic floor muscles, and education on fluid, diet, and lifestyle modifications.
- Breast Cancer Care – Treatment includes exercises for improving range of motion, muscle tightness, and post-surgical increased mobility and shoulder strength.
- Chronic Pelvic Pain – Treatment includes muscle re-education/strengthening/relaxation exercises, daily living alternatives, postural education, soft tissue massage, and spinal/pelvic alignment corrections.
- Prenatal and Postnatal Care – Treatment includes instruction on proper body mechanics to prevent back pain, exercises to strengthen pelvic floor muscles, and pre/postnatal massages.
- Sacral Dysfunction – Treatment includes manual techniques focused on improving flexibility for the lower back/lower extremity muscles, strengthening of core/hip stabilizers and pelvic floor, and patient education.
- Osteoporosis – Treatment includes education on fall reduction and safe lifting techniques and instruction on proper weight-bearing exercises.